MOD Public Health Consultants is Limited Liability Company registered in Uganda. MOD was founded by a team of public health professionals on July 28th, 2015 and is located on Plot 79, Bukoba Road, Masaka City, 135km, south-central of Kampala, Uganda’s capital.
MOD is positioned as a local and low-cost efficient contractor/implementing partner providing public health solutions to the rapidly emerging public health market. MOD uses a Knowledge Translation Thesis and Application (KNOTSA) model to close the knowledge Translation “The DO-KNOW” gap in public health to improve access to Universal Health Care (UHC) coverage.
Approximately 1.6 million people from rural communities of Africa die from simple and preventable illnesses such Malaria, Tuberculosis and HIV/AIDS. Unacceptably, 50% of children under five still die of pneumonia, diarrhea, measles (WHO, 2019). These can be prevented with access to appropriate and affordable; Medicines, Vaccines and public health innovations.
However, in most developing countries, the latest effective and affordable social and healthcare innovations are not reaching those who need them most. Our findings show a big-time lag between discovery and application of medical, public health and social innovations of 5-10 years. Without access to timely universal health care Coverage (UHC), countries like Uganda will continue to be susceptible to emerging public health threats. COVID-19 has just proved this phenomenon.
MOD is positioned to work with Public health researchers, medical, pharmaceutical and technological innovators globally to source, translate, synthesis and deliver emerging public health and medical innovations and solutions to vulnerable population and underserved communities using a KNOTSA model.
“We envision healthier communities accessing low-cost emerging public health innovations and solutions”.
To achieve universal health care coverage in under-served communities and sub-populations through accelerating optimal translation, uptake and impact of new public health knowledge and practices.
MOD underpins its business, social and health impact on five PECIT core principles namely;
- Passion: We believe that people with passion have the power to change their communities through the wisdom to create, innovative solutions to social and health problems affecting mankind.
- Evidence based driven approaches: We provide low cost public health solutions anchored on evidence, quality and scalability in order to make people live in a better place.
- Customer centered: Our business approaches focus on improving the social and well-being of both our internal and external customers.
- Integrity: We do the right thing regardless of its consequences with highest degree of professionalism and accountability.
- Team Building: We sustain our innovations by working as a team, we scale up our learnings by creating a social impact mind inset among public health professionals and social entrepreneurs.
Our Business approach is built on the culture of;
- Passion and Innovation.
- Flawless execution.
- Team building to sustain our innovations and impact